Saturday, August 13, 2011

The best me I can be

After stuggling for years, ok pretty much my whole life with self esteem issues and my weight, I have come to the conclusion that I'm putting so much energy into not liking myself that, that is what is holding me back.  I recently started Karate with my kids.  This is something I never would have had the courage to do in my adult life even a year ago.  I have recently lost about 25 lbs and I still have a lot more to go, and this summer, my weight loss has come to a complete hault.  not from lack of trying though.  Through all this I went through ups and downs, the "why me" the "i give up"  you know how it is, but I have decided to start looking at this differently.  I am healthier than I have been in a long time,  I'm doing things now that I would never have done and I'm finally starting to believe in myself again.  I can do this and I will do this.  I am going to become the best me that I can be. 
      This blog is going to serve as my journal, so feel free to follow along and leave me some positive comments, because we all know that we can all use some encouragement!

2 comments:

olivia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nadine said...

Yes! So true, and I am glad that you are stepping back and looking at all of the great things that other people see. You are a strong, capbable, caring, beautiful woman. And you WILL be successful on this journey. Realing that the number is only part of it, is one giant step forward! Love you!